Thursday, May 25, 2006

Dufus (er... Dofus)



For those that have been wondering what I've been up to all this time...

A friend of mine introduced me to this "free" MMORPG. It is turn based (which i like, because i suck at real time pvp: no time to think). I'm doing pretty well for myself on the game. Things actually drop here if you hunt for them and there is a great party system.

Basically there is an exp cap if you solo hunt, so you either have to wear exp bonus gear to counteract that, or hunt in a party. Hunting in a party is great though. A lot of item drops have a lock on them and the only way to break it is to farm mobs in a party.

I really enjoy it a lot and I'm having a lot of success with the market system. Selling items is a heck of a lot easier than lineage, so I make money relatively easily.

This game is completely based out of flash (which i think is creative) and was first produced in France. Botting is a small problem on dofus, but most of it revolves around professions since the battle system is far too complex.

I'm currently not playing it right now.. because despite the fact that it has a f2p (free-to-play) mode, it is pretty sour compared to the p2p (pay-to-play). I'd suggest checking it out, though. It is a decent escape from the grind of lineage. Oh yeah... one cool thing i forgot to mention: if you do pay, it is only $6.90 a month, which is rather affordable.

However, i still miss lineage... and i never did reach my lvl 50 goal. I'm sure I'll return to the grind soon. The sooner i get a job, the sooner i reach that possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home